ISPO delivers a management system with clear standardized documented procedures. The pilot organization’s manual details everyone’s duties and responsibilities. ISPO promotes a safety culture, mitigates risks and allows for continuous improvement. ISPO creates transparency for legislators and stakeholders.
- Suitable for any kind of pilot organization, whether it be governmental, private, large or small.
- Specifically developed and maintained by pilots for pilots and pilot organizations.
- Assessed by an independent classification society.
- Identifies and mitigates risks.
- Operational procedures and policies are easily recognizable to customers.
- Port customers usually have their own quality safety management system and are pleased to know that the port pilot services are as committed to quality safety management as they are.
- In the event of a lack of a national standard, ISPO becomes a good, best practice framework for a port to use and can protect the reputation of the Port.
- A better understanding of “customer” needs.